A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Parts Manager to join the bustling team at our Longbenton/Team Valley depot.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate relevant experience in independently managing and developing a customer oriented and profitable parts business. Including optimally utilising the market, a high level of customer satisfaction and high yields for the department, as well as planning, controlling and monitoring processes in customer services areas. Managing and developing employees and ensuring all Mercedes-Benz UK standards are met and legal regulations on labour and environmental protection are complied with are also key focus areas. Applicants must have a highly visible and hands-on leadership style and be team oriented.
- Responsible for the parts performance of the site and for delivery of the business plan
- Defining market targets for the spare parts business within the framework of performance targets defined by Mercedes Benz UK and, together with the company management, drawing up a corresponding annual plan
- Thorough understanding of stocking levels and importance of lost sales analysis
- Ensuring customers and mechanics have access to advice on identifying which spare parts and accessories they require
- Ensuring service and invoicing regarding spare parts is carried out in a customer oriented manner
- Ensuring permanent availability or sourcing at short notice of spare parts and accessories
- Organising incoming lot control in spare parts warehouse
- Ensuring defective spare parts from complaints and warranty claims are returned correctly
- Monitoring inventory documentation and controlling inventory optimisation
- Maximising accessory opportunity by ensuring showroom displays are in place and updated and all appropriate staff are trained and informed on new accessory products
- Controlling cost management for own department
- Managing, coaching and motivating the team to ensure a high degree of job satisfaction
- Together with colleagues, establishing business objectives and personal development goals and monitoring performance against agreed targets
- Performance analysis to identify areas of weakness and appropriate marketing activity
- Market and customer analysis of trade parts business to determine level of marketing activity for trade parts growth
- Ensuring literature, product brochures as well as process documentation and the required software is up to date, complete and available
- Ensure product knowledge is kept up to date in order to increase opportunity for sales and associated sales
- Reviewing CSI surveys and other measures for monitoring customer satisfaction
- Monitoring compliance with BER standards and all other statutory regulations.
- People management particularly in terms of achievement through teams. Leadership style should be highly visible and hands on
Bell Truck and Van Mercedes Benz are a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. We are investing heavily in new development including a new parts department at our Billingham site, dedicated new Van Centre for sales and aftersales on our current Stockton site and a brand new, increased capacity flagship Truck and Van sales and aftersales centre at Team Valley. We pride ourselves on developing and investing in our people as well as our facilities. We want the very best people on our team, and there are vast opportunities for personal growth and progression within our business for the very best candidates. Be a part of something special.
Hours: 42.5 Hours per week, Monday Friday: 8:00am 17:00pm
To Apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to Francesca Adair via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5th November 2021